BIG GREEN EGG SPF 53 CHICKEN WINGS
- PREP TIME - 10 mins
- COOK TIME - 1 hour 10 mins
- TOTAL TIME - 1 hour 20 mins
This recipe for Big Green Egg SPF53 Chicken Wings features the new rub from Lane's BBQ SPF 53. A great balance of heat and savory that works well with Chicken Wings.
- Recipe type: Poultry
- Cuisine: BBQ
- Serves: 4
- 2 Lbs. Chicken Wings
- SPF53 Lane's BBQ Rub
- Corn Starch
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Celery Stalks
- Cut the whole wings up in to the drumettes and wingettes.
- Lay them out on a baking sheet skin side up. Apply the SPF53 liberally to skin side of the wings.
- After the rub was applied shake the cornstarch over the wings dusting each wing with the corn starch.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator while you setup the Big Green Egg for this cook. This allows the skin to dry which helps get that crispiness.
- Light the charcoal using a raised grid for this cook.
- Once the BGE was at temp (300° measured at the dome) place the wings on skin side up.
- Let the wings cook that way for 50 minutes until the skin was brown and crispy to the touch.
- Flip the wings over and cooked them another 10 minutes until the skin browned.
- After the wings were done pull them and toss with 4 Tbls of melted butter and more rub.
- Serve with Blue Cheese dressing, celery stalks, and carrots.